Pance Plan

PANCE study guide: 

I plan on studying for a total of 5 weeks dedicated study time. I will be breaking up my days with a plan of using resources to gain knowledge then will be doing questions to solidify that knowledge. I plan on using Pance prep pearls and  Smarty Pance for written sources of information, and will use Online med ed and Osmosis for video resources in order to further help understand difficult topics. For me seeing things in a video format also helps solidify my knowledge. I will then do 30-40 questions after every big topic, and will read the explanations for each question, regardless of getting it right or wrong. I will then have a goal of doing up to 100 questions a day on that particular topic, and will keep track of the questions I am continuously getting wrong, and will review that topic again. For questions I will be using Rosh review and Kaplan.  

I also plan on taking a minimum of full length exam during my study period. I will take 1 in the beginning to see what my baseline is and where I need to improve. I will then take one in the middle to see my progress, and will then take one near my PANCE to see how well I am prepared. Along with this, I will also be partaking in the PANCE study course offered by the school. I plan on studying 5-6 days a week, 8-9 hours a day, taking breaks on the weekends to relax and avoid burn out. Below is a chart of the study plan I will be following, as per PAEA guidelines. I will be prioritizing my time based on my performance on the previous PACKRAT and EOC in order to work on what I need most. 

Monday  Tuesday  Wednesday  Thursday  Friday  Saturday 
Week 1  Cardiology Part 1 

50 qs 

-review 

Cardiology Part 2 

50 qs 

-review 

GI part 1 

50 qs 

-review 

GI part 2 

50qs 

-review 

Review any additional topics from the weeks list and re-watch any videos  Review the weeks  questions and explanations 
Week 2  GU (male & female) 

50qs 

-review 

Public health  

30 qs 

-review 

Infectious disease 

50qs 

-review 

MSK 

30qs 

-review 

Pulm Part 1 

50 qs 

-review 

Renal 

40qs 

-review 

Pulm part 2 

50qs 

-review 

PRACTICE TEST  Review the weeks  questions and explanation 
Week 3  Endo 

60qs  

-review 

Psych 

50qs 

-review 

ENT 

50qs 

-review 

Heme  

50qs 

-review 

Derm 

20qs 

-review 

Neuro 

70qs 

-review 

Review any other topics 

Review the weeks  questions and explanation 
Week 4  Repro (male & female) 

80qs 

-review 

Pediatrics 

100qs 

-review 

Review ER topics and management   *rest day*  PRACTICE TEST  Review the weeks  questions and explanation 
Week 5  Review any additional topics that need more attention  Look at pearls for Cardio  Look at pearls for pulm/neuro  Review any health Maintenace guidelines/ 

screening 

*rest day*  *Rest day*