LTC: site visit reflection

I had my evaluation for LTC with Professor Davidson. This was done over zoom, because of difficulty arranging a in person meeting. Our first meeting was during the second week of the rotation. During this we discussed one history and physical, and 5 pharm cards. This eval was a bit tricky for me because I was coming from writing short breif history and physicals for my ambulatory care rotation, to now writing extremely detailed histories for LTC. I wrote about a patient who had a subdural hematoma and was here after repair, along with other complicatoins. Professor Davidson pointed out lots of tips and advice on how I can make the story narrate better. She emphasized the importance of writing the baseline of the patient and how the patient was like prior to admission. She also went over the pharmacy cards in a lot of detail. She would bring up facts and current updates about the drugs that I would then research and discuss with her later. She also went over what procedures I did and how my experience was going overall. 

Our second site eval was 1 week after the first, and here we discussed another H&P, and I submitted the third to her, we also discussed the remaining 5 pharm cards, and an article pretaining to one of the histories  I presented. I presented a history and physical about one of the patients who came in with vague upper respiratory infection symptoms who was diagnoed with a right upper lobe pneumonia. This case was interesting because I was able to tie in my article about how elderly patients would present with COVID and how they are now the viral shedders compared to the younger population. We also talked about the other drugs and the remaining procedures I did. I definitly learned a lot from her about how detailed and particular a LTC history and physical needs to be. She also took a lot of interest in how I was doing there and that I was able to see and partake in a variety of patient care settings.