Amb Med: site visit reflection

For my ambulatory medicine rotation, I had my site visit evaluations with Professor Lopez, who was absolutely wonderful! For your site visits, there were 3 students, each doing a different rotation, so we would meet up on zoom, as it was difficult to visit each site. For our first first visit we presented an H&P, a journal article and 10 pharm cards. I presented my H&P on an adult patient with otitis media as it went along with my journal article about how chronic and untreated otitis media in adults can lead to progressive damage and degeneration to the middle ear ossicles leading to permanent hearing loss. This meeting was very enjoyable, as another student was in her surgery rotation so we got to share our experiences and the various patients we saw. Professor Lopez also asked follow up questions about pharm cards and the side effects and contraindications of certain medications.  

For our final site eval, we also met on zoom. We discussed and presented our remaining H&Ps. Again for this since we had students from surgery, ambulatory medicine, and internal medicine it was really interesting to hear from the other students and their experiences. We got to discuss a whole variety of patients and reflect on them. Also Professor Lopez asked us to talk about our procedure log book and what we have done so far. I so far in the rotation was able to do a lot of vaccinations, suturing, abscess drainage, wound care, ear irrigation, and help with doing nasal swabs and oropharynx swabs for strep and flu. Overall this was a great experience, and I am glad we got to share our experience with Professor Lopez.